We are your Skylight Installation Specialist.
Skylight installation is a prime home improvement element that makes a smart home that much smarter. A skylight brightens up a master bedroom, loft, or children’s bedroom with the natural power of the sun. After installation, colors appear much truer, and balanced daylight appears that fills even the most remote corners of the room. Skylights use the chimney effect when opened along with lower-level windows, and help hot air naturally rise gently away. Also, providing daylight and a unique view, you’re going to love these sun-kissed additions. JRC Exterior Solutions can answer all your questions and assure you will love the final results.
The Benefits of Adding a Skylight to Your Colorado Home
Skylight has always been the preferred home lighting option, by installing one or more skylights in your home you can uplift the ambiance. The benefits of Skylight are more than just aesthetic, there are plenty of practical benefits too:
- Skylights Boost Your Home’s Energy Efficiency
The natural sunlight let in by a skylight will provide warmth as well as light during the winter, reducing home heating bills in the process. Alternatively, in the summer, some types of skylights can be opened to ventilate your home and lessen your reliance on electric air conditioning. With a skylight, the added light will also lessen your home’s reliance on artificial light, providing additional energy benefits regardless of the season.
- Skylights Are Pro-Privacy
A bathroom skylight can allow for maximum natural light without exposing the room’s occupants to neighbors and passersby. If you are big on your privacy, you’ll love having a skylight.
- Skylights Increase Your House Appeal
Having a skylight installed in your home is perceived by many as a sign of sophistication. This could potentially increase the property’s appeal and add a positive impact on your home’s resale value.
Things to Consider Before Installing a Skylight
If you’re still undecided about having a skylight for your home, there are many things to consider when determining what kind of skylight is best, and here are a few of them:
- We have two broad types of skylights, fixed skylights are the simplest types you will find but modern manufacturers now offer vented skylights that open manually or automatically. Some even come with built-in blinds to control the amount of light let in.
- The location of the plumbing, HVAC, or wiring can also interfere with the desired skylight location. Before installing a skylight, they will need to be re-routed or a new location decided on.
- Your home’s roof size also matters. Many skylight products and hardware are designed with different types of rooftops in mind; slate, metal, tile, cedar, or other materials. Choosing the wrong type may add to the cost of the project.
- Is there an attic separating the roof and ceiling? If so, our skylight specialists will install a framed tunnel to channel sunlight (chase) for you.
Professional Skylight Installation Service
Whether you’re interested in energy-savings, or you just want to be let in the sunlight at home, a skylight can be a great addition. Our skylight specialist service team will make sure your new skylight installation project is carried out properly, adjusting the angle of the skylight to assure you retain heat in the winter and reflect light and heat in the summer, as well as guarding against water leaks or drafts.
At JRC Exterior Solutions, all of our skylight products are custom made to your requirements with options for roof access hatches, fixed or opening skylights. Our skylights come in whatever shape, size, color, tint and opening options you require to enhance your home.
For your skylight installation, we use only the highest-quality products and make sure that your new skylight installs seamlessly with your roof.
If your skylights are damaged, we repair and replace skylights of any shape and size.